3 Minutes Mindfulness excercise to close the day
Yoga, Meditation & Mindful Leadership Series
This 3 Minutes Mindfulness exercise is a small act on reflecting the day. It can be helpful for you, if you
- have troubles closing the day and keep going on an on with your thoughts about the challenges you had today
- would like to start incorporating mindfulness into your life, but struggle to find time for longer excercises and meditation
- would like to find a way to make your days better, bit by bit and reflecting on your progress.
- Find a space, where you can be undisturbed for 3 minutes.
- This exercise can be done seated, lying down, walking – but I encourage you to fully focus on this excercise (so don’t try doing it while watching TV, folding your clothes or brushing your teeth).
- Take a few moments to consciously notice your breath.
- Ask yourself
- What were three things that went well today?
- What were three things you would have liked to have done or handled differently? How?
- What are three things today that you contributed to, shared with or did for others?
- Return your attention to your breath for another few moments.
- A quick mindfulness exercise that opens a door to create mindfulness moments regularly.
- Asking yourself simple questions, to direct your mind and attitude towards three important elements: noticing what went well, reflecting on intention, practicing compassion.
Add-ons / Variations:
- If you want to do more:
- Include these questions in a daily journal entry, if that is another habit you would like to develop.
- Give yourself a hand/foot massage before starting.
- After the reflection: Extend the breath attention into a three part breath technique lying down in bed – helping you to ease your way into sleep.